Our real estate team of professionals serves a large group of clients in both the property management and real estate development industries. Through our experience, we have developed the specialized knowledge that allows us to not only handle their tax and accounting compliance needs, but more importantly, to assist them with the planning, design, and decision making process of real estate transactions. We also have the resources to meet the reporting and filing deadlines that are so important to the investors in real estate companies.
Additionally, our involvement with certain trade groups and educational seminars keeps us abreast of the current issues affecting the real estate industry and allows us to offer a high level of expertise without the fees required to support the overhead of a national firm.
How We Can Help You
In addition to income tax preparation, we provide a wide range of specialized services to real estate companies and their owners. These services include:
- Acquisition planning, including determining the most beneficial type of entity in which to hold real estate
- Creative planning to defer paying income taxes with like-kind exchanges and involuntary conversions
- Cost segregation studies
- Assistance in structuring property dispositions using certain partnership transactions to defer income taxes
- Tax incentives related to sustainable building or investment
Assurance and Accounting Services
- Assistance with the design of cost and revenue allocation worksheets for multi-unit development projects
- Compliance testing of third party construction costs and tenant lease provisions
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
For more information on how we can assist you, please contact Jonathan McLester.
Partnership Like-kind Exchange
[ read more ]
Download Our Real Estate Brochure